Belgian waffle recipe with bacon, hollandaise and poached eggs
This Belgian waffle recipe with bacon is a terrific brunch or pick me up. It's filling, tasty and simple to make, and is best served with hot, strong coffee or a good Blood Mary.
Prep Time 25 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 55 minutes
Servings 8 waffles
For the Hollandaise sauce:
- 4.5 oz Butter melted
- 2 teaspoons Lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons White wine vinegar
- 2 Egg yolks large free-range
- Black pepper freshly ground
Bacon and Eggs:
- 2 tablespoons White wine vinegar
- 4 Eggs large, free-range
- 12 slices Bacon streaky
- 2-3 tablespoons Chives finely chopped
- 8 Belgian waffles
- Melt butter in pan and allow to simmer.
- Place lemon juice and vinegar in separate pan and heat to just boiling.
- Put egg yolks into food processor with pinch salt.
- With motor running add hot lemon, vinegar mix in steady stream.
- Slowly add melted butter till it's all incorporated.
- Remove hollandaise from processor and season with black pepper and sea salt.
- Bring pan of salted water to the boil and add vinegar.
- Whisk to create a whirlpool and as it settles carefully crack egg into water.
- Simmer 2 minutes-3 minutes.
- Remove egg with slotted spoon and drain.
- Heat frying pan till hot.
- Add bacon and cook evenly till crisp on both sides.
- Remove and drain on kitchen paper.
- Heat waffles till warmed through.
Serving your Belgian waffles with bacon:
- Place 2 waffles on each plate.
- Top with 4 rashers of bacon and 1 egg.
- Add a good drizzle of hollandaise and garnish with chives.