Tasty Cornmeal and Buttermilk Waffle Recipe
Servings: 3 10 inch waffles
Try this tasty buttermilk waffle recipe, combining the wholesome flavor of cornmeal and the tanginess of buttermilk. Great with savory and sweet toppings!Print Recipe
- 2 Eggs large
- 1 cup Corn Oil Other suitable oils such as canola sunflower or vegetable may be used.
- 2 cup Buttermilk Regular or low-fat
- ½ cup Cornmeal Stone Ground
- ½ cup All-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Sugar
- ½ tsp Salt
- Preheat your waffle iron.
- Beat eggs in a medium size bowl, with a mixer or by hand, until fluffy.
- Add the corn oil (or oil of your choice), and the buttermilk, stir to combine. Set aside.
- In a separate medium sized bowl, combine the dry ingredients and stir thoroughly with a fork.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour your egg mixture into this well.
- Working from the outside edge with a rubber spatula, lightly incorporate the two.
- Mix until no dry flour is visible, but don't over mix.
- Over mixing will lead to tough waffles.
- Transfer your batter into a jug or pitcher and pour in the center of the preheated waffle maker.
- The amount of batter will vary depending on the size of your waffle iron.
- Bake until steaming stops, approximately 5 minutes.
- Carefully remove waffle.