Gluten Free Belgian Waffle Recipe
Servings: 12 Waffles
Using carefully proportioned ingredients, such as coconut or rice flour, gluten-free baking soda, and eggs, you’ll recreate the magic of the everyday waffle—in fact, you may not even know the difference.Print Recipe
- 4 Eggs
- 1 tablespoon Maple Syrup Or another sweetener of your choice like agave, granulated sugar, or coconut sugar.
- 2 tablespoon Butter
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract gluten free
- 3.5 tablespoon Water
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Cinnamon
- 2 tablespoon Milk Feel free to use almond or coconut milk as a substitute.
- ¼ cup Organic coconut flour Alternatively use rice flour.
- ¼ teaspoon Gluten free baking powder
- Preheat your waffle iron and wipe or spray the inside lightly with oil.
- Melt the butter.
- Separate your eggs (but save your whites—we’ll be using them later!)
- Mix egg yolks, melted butter, milk, water, vanilla extract, and your sweetener of choice in a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine coconut flour, salt, cinnamon, and baking powder.
- Add dry ingredients gradually into wet ingredients and mix until there are no lumps.
- Let batter stand for 5-10 Minutes. If it seems too thick, add 1-2 Tbsp of water.
- In a separate bowl, whip egg whites into they form stiff peaks. This can be done by hand with a whisk, or using an electric mixer.
- Fold your freshly whipped egg whites gently into your batter.
- Pour into a hot waffle iron and cook for 2 Minutes until golden brown.
- Enjoy with syrup, berries, whipped cream, or powdered sugar!
You may also want to experiment with adding small amounts of gluten-free whey protein or flax seed with a splash of applesauce (to maintain moisture balance).
Calories: 58kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 67mg | Sodium: 87mg | Potassium: 28mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 150IU | Vitamin C: 0.1mg | Calcium: 20mg | Iron: 0.4mg