This easy recipe for a Belgian waffle burger makes for a delicious dish for either breakfast lunch or dinner, or a tasty snack at lunch time and is sure to be enjoyed by everyone. The Belgian waffles are a terrific complement to crispy bacon and perfectly cooked eggs.
Easy breakfast Belgian waffle burger recipe
- 8 Belgian waffles
- 12 rashers Bacon
- 4 Eggs
- Oil Suitable for frying.
- Cut Belgian waffles into rounds using a cookie cutter and allow 2 per person. Set aside.
- Place bacon under grill and cook for 4 minutes each side, or until browned and slightly crispy.
- Set on plate in grill with heat switched off to keep warm.
- Heat a little oil in heavy based frying pan at high heat.
- Turn heat to medium and carefully break eggs into pan ensuring that yolks remain whole.
- Pop Belgian waffles into toaster for a minute to heat.
- Cook for a couple of minutes using a spatula to flick oil over the surface of eggs to cook yolk. Turn if desired.
- Place one waffle round on each of 4 plates.
- Top with 1 egg each and season with salt and pepper.
- Add 3 rashers of bacon to each and top with other Belgian waffle round to create your 'waffle burger'.