A breakfast of egg, turkey and cheese stuffed waffle muffin with the herby goodness of rosemary. Serve some pineapples to add a greater depth of flavor.
Cheesy egg and turkey Belgian waffle muffin
For the muffins:
- 2 inch Turkey Breasts roasted and sliced into width
- 4 Eggs
- 4 slices Cheddar Cheese
- 1 teaspoon Rosemary dried
For the waffles:
- 1,5 cups All-purpose Flour
- 2 Eggs large, separated
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- 1,6 cups Buttermilk low-fat
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil extra virgin
- Cooking Spray
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees and get your Belgian waffle iron ready.
- Meanwhile whisk the flour, egg yolk, buttermilk, baking soda and salt together in a large bowl.
- Beat the egg whites in a separate bowl until they form stiff peaks.
- Make a well in the center of the flour mixture and add the beaten egg whites and olive oil.
- Mix the batter until it is smooth but not over mixed; it is fine to be able to see the strings of egg white in the mixture.
- Spray waffle iron with cooking spray, ladle in the batter until it just fills the grid and cook waffles for 2 minutes to 3 minutes or until golden brown.
- You should have four waffles; transfer them to cool on a baking sheet.
- Fry the eggs for the muffins in two batches and keep them aside.
- Layer two waffles with a few slices of turkey, two fried eggs and two slices of cheese.
- Sprinkle ½ teaspoon rosemary on each.
- Spread some mustard on one side of the remaining two waffles.
- Place mustard side down on the fillings.
- Bake about another 10 minutes, until the cheese is melted and waffle is toasted.
- Cut each muffin into four, serving two wedges per person.