Match a sweet, crispy Belgian waffle with syrup with crispy bacon toppings for a delicious burst of sweet, peppery and savory flavors. These waffles can be frozen and reheated in a toaster oven, toaster or oven.
Belgian waffle with maple syrup and black pepper candied bacon
- 2 cups All-purpose flour
- 4 Eggs large, separated
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- ½ stick Butter melted, unsalted
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 2 tablespoons Sugar
- 2 cups Milk
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1 pound Bacon thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon Black pepper coarsely ground
- 1 cup Brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vegetable Oil
Candied bacon recipe
- Preheat oven for candied bacon to 350 ℉.
- Line broiler pan with aluminum foil and place broiler rack above the pan.
- Coat rack lightly with oil.
- Mix black pepper and sugar in a dish.
- Coat one side of each bacon slice with mixture.
- Place coated bacon slices on rack with the sugared side up.
- Bake for 15 minutes to 20 minutes , until bacon is crisp and the sugar bubbles.
- Drain briefly on paper towels and transfer to a serving dish; leave to cool.
Delicious maple syrup and black pepper candied bacon Belgian waffle recipe
- Preheat Belgian waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions.
- Sift flour, salt and baking powder and set aside in a bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk sugar in egg yolks until the sugar dissolves and the eggs are pale yellow.
- Whisk in the melted butter, milk and vanilla extract.
- Mix in the flour mixture, whisking all along but without overmixing.
- In another bowl, beat egg whites for about a minute (with electric mixer) until they form stiff peaks.
- Fold in egg white to waffle batter.
- Coat the waffle iron with cooking spray and pour in batter to just cover the grid.
- Cook for about 2 minutes to 3 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve waffles with the candied bacon and maple syrup.