Caramel sauce with cream recipe
Who doesn’t love the addictive taste of caramel? When used to top Belgian waffles, caramel sauce can make this dessert look and taste amazingly, making your waffles visually appealing while adding a unique aroma.
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 10 minutes
Servings 4 Servings
- 2 tablespoons Butter unsalted
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup or corn syrup
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Salt crushed
- Pour the water in a saucepan. Add sugar, and corn/agave syrup, stirring thoroughly until the mixture is fully incorporated.
- Bring to a boil over high heat without stirring, swirling the ingredients occasionally.
- Keep boiling until the ingredients reach an amber color.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat, then carefully add the heavy cream to the mixture, pouring it in a slow steady stream while mixing constantly.