Maple blueberry butter
If you want to take on a healthier approach to Belgian waffle toppings, why don’t you stick to this tasty maple-blueberry butter? It doesn’t only have a lovely shade of purple, but also a surprisingly sweet and fresh flavor that’s guaranteed to help you gradually shed some pounds while satisfying your sweet tooth.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
Servings 4 Servings
- 3 tablespoons Maple Syrup
- 1/2 cup Blueberries use fresh blueberries
- 1 cup Butter unsalted, at room temperature
- Mix the maple syrup and blueberries in a small, heavy-bottomed pan.
- Bring them to a boil, and cook for only one minute or two minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat, smash the berries up using a fork, and allow the mixture to cool down to room temperature.
- Once it is cool, process the mixture and the unsalted butter at room temperature in a food processor for a few minutes to achieve a more buttery consistence. Scrap the edges down as needed during this process.
- Put the maple-blueberry butter on your Belgian waffles, and serve.
Image Credits Julenka